There are a few simple, yet important steps you can take in preparing your Martha’s Vineyard home for sale.
If you follow these simple steps, your home will be dressed for success!
- Make sure your landscaping is in good shape. Curb appeal is crucial to a good first impression.
- Make the front door inviting. A fresh coat of paint, especially in a color that contrasts with the home, will make the front door stand out.
- Remove CLUTTER and depersonalize. Buyers want to envision their belongings in your home. If your personal items still occupy the space, a buyer has a hard time imagining living there.
- Organize closets and drawers. Messy closets give the appearance that your home doesn’t have enough storage space.
- Make every surface shine. From ceiling fans to floors and everything in between.
- Paint your home a neutral color. Just because you like lime green, doesn’t mean your buyer will.
- Lastly, eliminate bad odors… but remember not to over do it with air fresheners either! If a buyer gets a whiff of a bad smell or thinks you’re trying to cover something up, that will be the only thing they remember about your lovely home.
If you are considering selling your home on the Vineyard and are ready to dress your home for success, call me for a free list of vendors. I’m here to help!